The Bank of Hindman’s Freedom Savings Account allows you to set aside money to reach any savings goal you may have, such as saving for a college education, a house or retirement. Freedom Statement Savings Accounts allow you to earn a competitive rate of interest on your account. Interest will be added to the account at the end of each calendar quarter.
With a new Freedom Savings account you also have the convenience of making online transfers to and from your checking account 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you currently have a Passbook savings account with us, stop by and let us help you convert your savings to a Freedom account. Each person listed on your Passbook savings account must be present for us to convert it to a Freedom account.
|Minimum Opening Deposit
|Monthly Service Fee
||There are no monthly service fees or minimum balance requirements on this account.
||Current Interest Rate*
|$0 or more
* All interest rates and annual percentage yields (APY) indicated are accurate for
only and are subject to change without notice.
|Additional Features and Benefits
|Secure Online Access
- 24/7 account access
- View balances and statements
- Transfer funds
- Receive balance alerts
- Manage all of your finances
|Online Money Management Tools
- Financial Tracking and Analysis
- The interest rate and annual percentage yield you will obtain on this account may change at any time. Interest begins to accrue the day you deposit non-cash items (for example, checks). Interest will be compounded every quarter and credited to your account on the last day of the quarter.
- We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on your account. This method applies a daily periodic rate to the principal in the account each day.
- If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.
- Deposits into this account are not subject to be withdrawn by check.
- Transfers from a Freedom Savings Account to another account or third parties by preauthorized, automatic, electronic and telephone transfer are limited to six per calendar month with no transfers by check, draft, debit card or similar order to third parties.
- Withdrawals at an ATM or in person are unlimited.
- Withdrawals shall be made only by the party or parties who have an immediate ownership interest in the account, as evidenced by the signature card.
- In the case of joint account holders, any of the named account holders have immediate ownership interest in the account.
- Any services fees applied to this account may reduce earnings on the account.
- We reserve the right to require 7 days written notice for withdrawal of funds.